Followers

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Dentist visit success...but now to test or not to test, that is the question!

Addyson & Kaydence had their first dentist visit with cleaning on Wednseday!! I had a bit of anxiety (although I hid this from the girls), because I had heard many horror stories from friends about their kiddos first trip to the dentist. Turns out Kaydence and Addyson really are ROCKSTARS, because they were FANTASTIC! They did not whimper or whine in the slightest; in fact they actually giggled and laughed during the cleaning. The only thing was during X-rays Kaydence said "This makes me nervous Mama".

Now for the strange revelation.....Addyson & Kaydence, on the same exact tooth and in the same exact spot have an area where the enamel on the tooth never grew in or developed. It is so crazy, because the dentist said it is pretty rare, and the fact that they both have it in the same spot is even more rare..unless they are IDENTICAL. If they are identical it would explain this because teeth are genetic. So now, we are faced with the question to test or not to test for DNA so we can determine once and for all if they are or are not identical. I felt like we would know for sure if they were identical or fraternal as they got older because they would start to look different; but the exact opposite has happened. I feel like the older they get the more alike they look, which makes it harder and harder to determine the facts!

Other than that exciting piece of information, not much has changed around here. The girls continue to grow and continue to amaze us with their creativity! Four has been a pretty great age for us, because they are so much better at communicating and are SOOO much fun! They are still in Ballet/Tap and have started their routine for the Spring recital on June 9th! We are SOOO excited!! I just got news that my graduation ceremony for University of Phoenix will be held on July 7th at American Airlines Center, and I am over the moon! Everything feels more real now, and I am really starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Jeremy is doing great with work and staying very busy! Every year he grows the business a little more and we continue to pray this process/cycle continues for many more years!!

We haven't decided on the genetic zygosity test yet, but we will keep y'all informed! XoXoXo

1 comment:

Ayyob Family said...

Congratulations, Stef! I am so proud of you!

Let me know what you decide about the girls. They sure are beautiful I cannot believe they will be 5 this year... :)