
We officially have two potty trained 2 year olds!!! I thought I would wait until we were in the clear before I sent out a post because we have been down this road a few times but I'm pretty sure its safe to say we have conquered the quest! I am actually very surprised at how easy it has been! Here is how the process worked:
We took a trip with some friends to Lake Texoma. We rented a boat for Father's Day and after freaking out for the first 10 minutes of the boat ride our girls LOVED it! They were driving the boat by the end of the day! Since then the girls have been asking to go on a boat and go fishing EVERYDAY! So one night Jeremy said to the girls "Daddy might be able to buy a boat if he didn't have to spend money on diapers". I didn't think twice about it because I'm thinking, we have 2 year olds and they aren't going to grasp the concept of what Daddy just said. The next morning the first thing out of the girls mouths was "I'm wearing big girl underwear today because Daddy's going to buy me a boat". We were BLOWN away. How in the world did these two year olds put two and two together and grasp that concept? Needless to say, we are going on a month now wearing big girl underwear and they continue to ask when Daddy is going to buy them a boat! We still wear diapers at night but naptime and the rest of the day is diaper/pull up free!!!!
We went from about 20 diapers a day to 2 diapers a day!!! This is VERY exciting!! If the girls are still in the same underwear they started out with in the morning they get a special treat! So far, they have been getting LOTS of special treats!
It seems like they have grown up so much in the last couple weeks. Its exciting, scary and sad all at the same time. Our little baby girls are becoming just little girls now and its happening so fast! We started art class last week and the girls are loving it. They still have these amazing imaginations and LOVE to play pretend with each other. Its amazing how it is still so much fun to just sit and watch them interact and play together. They are both so aware and conscious of each other and what the other needs and wants. They certainly fight and argue over toys but for the most part they have fun together and are the bestest of friends!
They try to become more and more independent everyday and everything we do now is such a process and takes forever because they want to do everything themselves. We try to allow them to do this before offering our help but it is difficult sometimes. Addyson has NO problem correcting me if I call her Kaydence or sister(which seems to happen often), in fact her exact words are "No Mom, I'm Addyson". Kaydence is just fine with being called Addyson in fact sometimes she tells me "I'm Addyson Lewis". Right now everybody is _____ Lewis. They say Nahna Lewis, Pappa Lewis, Uncle Aya Lewis, Great Grandma Reno Lewis but even Mimi is Mimi Lewis, Onya is Onya Lewis and YoYo is YoYo Lewis. Its actually pretty cute!
Well I should probably cut off the novel here! Hopefully there is not as much time between our next post!
Hugs and Kisses to everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment